Sulcorebutia heliosoides 8.5cm
Sulcorebutia heliosoides P.Lechner & Draxler
Συνώνυμα: Rebutia heliosoides
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:10-15εκ.
It is similar to the Rebutia heliosa, it also has a globular or slightly cylindrical body, depressed at the apex, but with longer spines.
In nature it grows solitary while cultivated, it tends to cluster.
The silver-white spines are dense, that completely envelop the green body of the plant. The root is a fleshy taproot.
The flowers, like all other Rebutia varieties, are trumpet-shaped and are red-orange on the outside and bright yellow on the inside.
- It requires a lot of light during all seasons, however avoid direct sun rays during the hottest hours of the day, as they could cause burns.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, yet it is very resistant. However, it is preferable to keep it at temperatures above 0 °C.
- Water moderately, only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, once a month in autumn and to suspend watering completely in winter.
- A soil suitable for cacti is an optimal solution, even better if it is further mixed with 50% of pumice or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.