Sempervivum herta 'green' 8.5cm
Διάμετρος γλάστρας: 8.5εκ., Ύψος:10-15εκ.
A succulent with a strongly indicative name: they are plants "always alive" as they resist and, indeed, grow well even if subjected to the most extreme conditions, even at temperatures below zero degrees!
This strong adaptability has allowed them to expand spontaneously, starting from the areas with a more tropical climate, up to those with temperate climates or even mountain areas, where it can be found among rocks.
It has species with very different stems and leaves, all united by the characteristic rosette shape, in which they are grouped: sometimes of a green color, sometimes they are very dark, still others are pink-reddish or faded on the tips.
They are so decorative that look like a flower. Furthermore, during the flowering period, these plants show off very particular star-shaped flowers, which vary from delicate whitish shades, up to dark and very showy ones: you will not find other plants that are so decorative and, at the same time, resistant!
- It requires a lot of light during all seasons, however avoiding direct sun rays during the hottest hours of the day, as they could burn the plant.
- They are very resistant to the most extreme temperatures: they grow well in the heat and resist the temperatures even below 0 °C!
- They are rather sensitive to rotting, so it is advisable to water them once a week in summer, gradually reducing watering until complete stop in winter.
- A well draining soil is an optimal solution, for example the one formed by a mixture of peat and sand so that water does not stagnate, since this plant is very sensitive to rotting.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.