Sulcorebutia canigueralii var. brevispina 6.5cm
Sulcorebutia brevispina (F.H.Brandt) Pilbeam
It is a cactus, that clusters easily, forming a group of small heads.
The epidermis varies in color from light green to purple-burgundy. The stem, depressed at the apex, is covered with well-defined conical tubercles, from which very short and tiny spines emerge (hence its name 'brevispina'), that are of a silvery-brown color.
- It requires a lot of light during all seasons, however avoid direct sun rays during the hottest hours of the day, as they could cause burns.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, yet it is very resistant. However, it is preferable to keep it at temperatures above 0 °C.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer and suspend watering completely in winter.
- A soil suitable for cacti is an optimal solution, even better if it is further mixed with 50% of pumice or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.