Stapelia leendertziae 5.5cm
Stapelia leendertziae - Σταπέλια
It is also known as 'Black Bell' for its large flower of intense colors from dark red to dark purple, which are hairy and velvety when you touch them. It blooms in late summer or early autumn, 5-point star-shaped flowers can reach up to 6-8 cm.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures, never below 12 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it (in a dry place) during the winter period.
- Water regularly in summer, but only when the soil is dry. In cold periods, considerably reduce watering (once every 1-2 months).
- It is better to use a specific substrate for succulents, to which you can add fine sand for better drainaige.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.