Stapelia desmetiana 10.5cm
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:10.5εκ., Ύψος:12εκ.
One of the most beautiful succulents of its kind.
Perennial creeping plant with green stems and velvety when you touch them, and with hooked tubercles along the coasts.
Its star-shaped flowers are very beautiful and particular, reaching up to 15 cm in diameter. The color of the flower can be very various: orange, dark red, deep purple, chocolate. The petals at the ends are covered by long white down.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures, never below 12 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it (in a dry place) during the winter period.
- Water regularly in summer, but only when the soil is dry. In cold periods, considerably reduce watering (once every 1-2 months).
- It is better to use a specific substrate for succulents, to which you can add fine sand for better drainaige.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.