Portulacaria afra 'lemon' 8.5cm
Portulacaria afra 'Medio-picta' - Πορτουλακάρια
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:10εκ.
It is an evergreen succulent, also known as "elephant plant", since in Africa it used as elephant’s food.
Portulacaria afra has brown stems, from which green, fleshy and round leaves arise.
It normally blooms after spring and summer rains with pink small flowers.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays, especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 10 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water regularly in spring-summer, always making sure that the soil is always dry between one watering and another one. During the winter period, reduce watering to once every two months, avoiding stagnation of water.
- A well-draining soil is an optimal solution, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.