Opuntia quitensis 12cm
Λυπούμαστε, προσωρινά μη διαθέσιμο
Opuntia quitensis - Οπούντια
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:12εκ., Ύψος:30εκ.
It is a cactus made up of small flattened and almost circular stems which, branching, reach imposing dimensions of over 3 meters in height in nature!
These flat cushions (glochids) are of a beautiful light green, in which rounded areolas and long spines, sparse and very thin, of a yellowish-white color stand out.
In cultivation Opuntia quitensis tends to maintain a lower and bushy posture, where it is even easier to see its beautiful funnel-shaped diurnal flowers stand out, on the pleasant shades of red-orange, sometimes tinged with yellow.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 3 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately and only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.