Opuntia macrocentra 10.5cm
Λυπούμαστε, προσωρινά μη διαθέσιμο
Also known as "purple prickly pear", it is a shrubby cactus with a flat and oblique stem of a green color, which changes to purple (the most evident change happens, when the plants are subjected to cold or drought).
It has spaced apart areoles, from which long golden spines emerge. In summer, it blooms with yellow flowers, that open up during the day and close down at night.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 3 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately and only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.