Notocactus scopa 8.5cm
Notocactus leninghausii inermis
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:15-18εκ.
Also known as Parodia scopa, it is a cactacea plant, which is highly appreciated by cactus lovers, for its showy and numerous purplish red spines, that contrast with the even more numerous thin white ones. The dark green stem is globular, which over time can take on a columnar shape. Around the slightly concave apex, numerous yellow funnel-shaped flowers bloom in summer.
- It likes very bright locations, but it can also stand direct sunlight in the hottest hours of the day.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, however it still survives even at temperatures close to freezing if the soil is dry.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, and suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.