Melocactus broadwayi 10.5cm
Melocactus broadwayi (Britton & Rose) A.Berger - Μελόκακτος
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:10.5εκ., Ύψος:15εκ.
It is a globose cactus of a light green color. It has deeply furrowed longitudinal ribs, equipped with whitish round areoles, from which straight bright red spines emerge; over time they lose this strong shade and become more brown-greyish.
When it reaches a certain age, it develops a whitish spherical cephalium at the apex of the plant, formed by red shaded bristles, from which small magenta flowers with thin petals bloom.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations. Fare attenzione a bruschi sbalzi di Temperature.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 10 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- In spring-summer, water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry, and suspend watering completely during autumn-winter.
- A well-draining and porous soil is an optimal solution, even better if further enriched with 70% of inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.