kalanchoe thyrsiflora 5.5cm
Kalanchoe thyrsiflora Harv. - Καλανχόη
Υψηλής καλλωπιστικής αξία και πολύ ανθεκτική ποικιλία, γνωστή και ως ‘desert rose’.
Έχει οβάλ, γκριζοπράσινα φύλλα τα οποία όταν εκτεθούν στον ήλιο χρωματίζονται κόκκινα στην περιφέρειά τους.
Χρειάζεται πολύ αραιό πότισμα και είναι κατάλληλη για εσωτερικούς και εξωτερικούς χώρους.
Ο χρωματισμός των φύλλων εξαρτάται από την εποχή και την έκθεση του φυτού σε ήλιο. Τους Χειμερινούς μήνες το φυτό είναι συνήθως πράσινο.
The name chosen by the French botanist Adanson.
Kalanchoe is a very interesting plant, which, with its fleshy, shiny and rich in water leaves, can perfectly live in the dry climates of the apartments, embellishing your environments, thanks to its foliage with margins, often shaped or crested, with nuanced and particular tones, but also thanks to the lively, surprisingly long-lasting inflorescences, which will color your houses in winter periods.
Coming from vast geographical areas, the many species have extremely varied characteristics, ranging from very small plants, almost miniaturized, to succulents, that can reach six meters in height!
This succulent plant, as beautiful as useful, has a truly multifunctional character: it is used daily in African and Asian popular medicine as an ointment to heal wounds and burns, but also to treat ulcers, infections, hypertension and even to alleviate mental illnesses.
In our continent, on the other hand, it is widely used in the preparation of creams and cosmetics, that tone up the skin!
Moreover, Kalanchoe has also a beautiful symbolic aspect: anciently defined as "talisman of happiness", it is considered a sort of amulet, that takes away negative thoughts and attracts positivity, making it perfect as a gift of good omen for any occasion; there is nothing more beautiful to give the symbol of smile as a present, even to those, who do not have a green thumb, since this plant, as much decorative as versatile, does not need a lot of care!
- It likes very bright places, however, avoid direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately in spring and summer but only when the soil is completely dry and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.