Gymnocalycium horstii 5.5cm
Spring Sales -15% στο καλάθι
Gymnocalycium horstii Buining - Γυμνοκαλύκιο
A cactus plant, which is highly appreciated for its particular characteristics.
Its stem is of a rounded shape, has wide and not very accentuated ribs. The plant reaches considerable dimensions for the Gymnocalycium genus. It has a few and spaced downy areoles of a white color, from which sparse yellow spines emerge.
It blooms with tubular-shaped flowers of multiple colors: white, pale pink.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.