Graptopetalum bellum 5.5cm
Graptopetalum bellum - Γραπτοπέταλο
Συνώνυμα: Tacitus bellus
Μικρού μεγέθους παχύφυτο με ροζέτες 10εκ σε διάμετρο και τριγωνικά φύλλα χρώματος γκρι-μπρονζέ. Τα άνθη του είναι αστεροειδή, ροζ προς κόκκινα.
The name of this plant comes from the Latin term "bellus", which means "beautiful", in fact the synonym is Tacitus Bellus.
It grows, taking on an attractive rosette shape. G. bellum has a low and slow growth, tends to cluster over time and can reach even 10 cm in diameter.
Its triangular-shaped fleshy leaves are of a greyish-green color with lighter edges, but with the prolonged exposure to the direct sun, they take on shades of pink to purple. In late spring - early summer you can admire its showy star-shaped flowers, which are of a fuchsia color with lighter central streaks.
G. bellum is a perfect gift that will delight the recipient for a long time. Synonyms: Tacito Bellus, Tacitus Bellus.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays, especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer and suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, so to avoid rotting, for example a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.