Ferocactus stainesii 12cm
Λυπούμαστε, προσωρινά μη διαθέσιμο
Ferocactus stainesii (Salm-Dyck) Britton & Rose - Φερόκακτος
Συνώνυμα: Echinocactus pilosus var. stainesii Salm-Dyck, Ferocactus piliferus var. stainesii (Salm-Dyck) G.Unger
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:12εκ., Ύψος:20εκ.
A solitary globose cactus, which over time can assume a columnar habit.
The body, of an intense dark green color, has multiple well-defined ribs, on which large round white downy areoles can be seen.
Its strong reddish or yellowish spines are flattened, slightly curved, which tend to envelop the body. On the apex, a crown of fantastic funnel-shaped orange flowers blooms.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays, especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 6 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best one is a very well-draining soil specific for cacti.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.