Euphorbia obesa 5.5cm
Euphorbia obesa Hook.- Ευφορβία
Συλλεκτική ποικιλία. Περιορισμένη διαθεσιμότητα.
More commonly known as the "Baseball plant". It is a succulent, formed by globose stems, which take on a columnar shape over time.
Its stems can vary from dark green to gray green, and often have lighter streaks, with typically slightly protruding ribs and without spines. At the apex it blooms with very small yellow flowers.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The perfect soil is a highly draining and porous one, for example a mixture of peat and pumice so that it does not stagnate the water.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.