Eriocactus warasii 12cm
Eriocactus warasii F.Ritter
Συνώνυμα: Parodia warasii
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:12εκ, Ύψος:15εκ.
It is also known as Parodia warasii.
The globular stem can start branching from the base and become clustered over time.
Its ribs are well defined and can take on a slight curvature over time.
They have multiple downy white areoles. The spines are soft and flexible, needle-like, of an intense yellow color, tending to brown.
In summer it blooms with large yellow flowers, with almost transparent glossy petals, located at the apex of the plant.
- It likes very bright locations, but it can also stand direct sunlight in the hottest hours of the day.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, however it still survives even at temperatures close to freezing if the soil is dry.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, and suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.