Eriocactus warasii 12cm
Γλάστρα: 12εκ., Ύψος:15εκ.
Eriocactus warasii F.Ritter
Συνώνυμα: Parodia warasii
It is also known as Parodia warasii.
The globular stem can start branching from the base and become clustered over time.
Its ribs are well defined and can take on a slight curvature over time.
They have multiple downy white areoles. The spines are soft and flexible, needle-like, of an intense yellow color, tending to brown.
In summer it blooms with large yellow flowers, with almost transparent glossy petals, located at the apex of the plant.
- It likes very bright locations, but it can also stand direct sunlight in the hottest hours of the day.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, however it still survives even at temperatures close to freezing if the soil is dry.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, and suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.