Echinopsis subdenudata 12cm
Echinopsis subdenudata Cárdenas - Εχινόψις
Συνώνυμα: Echinopsis ancistrophora Speg.
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:12εκ, Ύψος:20εκ.
Also known as the easter lily cactus, is a round cactus with tiny spines and fuzzy areoles.
It’s appreciated by both beginners and more experienced cactus lovers for its easy care and absolutely stunning flowers. This cactus makes a great addition to any succulent collection!
It is a globular cactus with a solitary habit that tends to cluster over time.
Its light green, opaque stem has multiple well furrowed ribs, equipped with sparse whitish, slightly downy areoles.
The spines are very short, of a brownish-cream color, sometimes they are completely absent.
The flowering period is in spring-summer, when, on long stems, generated by the areoles, its enormous nocturnal flowers bloom, which are of a more or less intense pink color.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 10 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer and suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best option is a substrate suitable for cactaceae, as long as it is well draining.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.