Cotyledon 'silver peak' 10.5cm
Cotyledon orbiculata 'silver peak'
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:10.5εκ., Ύψος: 15εκ.
This particular succulent plant has got the name of "Silver Peak" due to its leaves, covered with a thin layer of a down that gives them a silvery color.
With autumn temperatures the edges of the leaves take on a purplish-red color. It is a slow-growing and compact succulent, which is why it is an ideal plant for decorating your windowsills or centerpieces.
It is a succulent plant also often called 'Round-Leafed Navel-Wort' due to its fleshy and round leaves, with a small tip at the end; they are totally smooth and covered with a pruina.
It is an attractive succulent plant of a silver-green color that in winter gives you beautiful orange bell-shaped flowers with pale yellow streaks.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately and only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and to suspend it completely in winter.
- A well draining and porous soil is an optimal solution, for example formed by a mix of peat and pumice so that water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.