Astrophytum nudum 6.5cm
A globular cactacea plant that can become columnar over time.
One of the Astrophytum most known and appreciated by cactus lovers for its particular green epidermis, entirely covered with white dots which give it an almost silver appearance.
It can have three to ten (most commonly five) well-marked ribs, with a well-defined border of white downy areoles, which over time take on a yellowish color.
During spring, at the apex of the plant, large funnel-shaped yellow inflorescences bloom.
It is an easy to grow plant, thus suitable even for beginners.
- Requires an exposure to full sun since it requires a lot of light all year around. When the plants are still very young, it is advisable to prottingect them from direct sun rays during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 4 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- A well-draining and mineral-rich substrate is an optimal solution, for example a soil suitable for cacti, to which pumice can be added.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.