Astrophytum cv. Hakujo Fukuryu 8.5cm
Astrophytum myriostigma cv. Hakujo Fukuryu
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:10-12εκ.
It is a globose cactus plant, that can become columnar over time.
One of the most beautiful and rare Astrophytums, highly appreciated by cactus lovers.
It can have three to ten (most commonly five) well-marked ribs, with the edge, well-delineated by the white downy areoles, which over time take on a yellowish color.
'Fukuryu' in the Japanese language means the presence of additional ribs and reliefs, in fact 'type A' is well recognizable by the presence of additional partial ribs, similar to a horn between the main ribs of the plant, and 'type B' has additional reliefs, that make the surface appear irregular.
During spring, at the top of the plant, large funnel-shaped inflorescences are born, which are entirely yellow.
- Requires an exposure to full sun since it requires a lot of light all year around. When the plants are still very young, it is advisable to prottingect them from direct sun rays during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 4 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- A well-draining and mineral-rich substrate is an optimal solution, for example a soil suitable for cacti, to which pumice can be added.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.