Echeveria 'serrana' 10.5cm
Echeveria 'serrana' - Ετσεβέρια
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:10.5εκ., Ύψος:10εκ.
Διασταύρωση των Echeveria carnicolor και Echeveria affinis.
Μια ποικιλία με πολύ ιδιαίτερο σχήμα φύλλων και ξεχωριστό χρωματισμό.
This variety was created in a nursery by crossing, Echeveria carnicolor and Echeveria affinis (supposedly).
It is for sure a peculiar succulent plant, in which the typical rosette is made up of very elongated and pointed leaves, similar to swords, of a typical reddish-brown color, sometimes even black, extremely appreciated for its solemnity and elegance that gives to the rooms it’s put in.
In spring, the plant will produce small clusters of orange-red flowers, which will blossom at the apex of long reddish stems.
The particular coloring of the epidermis comes from exposure to very intense sunlight, but it can change if you place it in the shade, where it will take on an equally extravagant, very dark green color!
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 10 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer and suspend watering completely in autumn and winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.