Puna subterranea 10.5cm
Puna subterranea (R.E.Fr.) R.Kiesling
It is a small-sized plant with strong tuberous roots and gray-green cylindrical stems. Daytime flowering occurs during summer, which blooms with pink-yellow to brown flowers.
- It requires an exposure to full sun, however during the hottest hours it is advisable to shade it.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately, only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, once a month in autumn and to suspend watering completely in winter.
- A well-draining soil is an optimal solution, even better if further enriched with 50% or more of inert materials such as pumice or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.