Portulacaria afra f. variegata 5.5cm
Portulacaria afra f. variegata H.Jacobsen
Συνώνυμα: Portulacaria afra f. foliis flavo-variegatis
Εξαιρετικής ομορφιάς παχύφυτο, χαμηλής ανάπτυξης με πράσινα φύλλα με λευκό-κρεμ περίγραμμα..
Κατάλληλο για εσωτερικούς και εξωτερικούς χώρους, για φύτευση σε βραχόκηπους, σε γλάστρες μαζί με άλλα παχύφυτα ή μεμονωμένη φύτευση.
Πολύ ανθεκτική ποικιλία, απαιτεί ελάχιστη φροντίδα.
It is an evergreen succulent, also known as "elephant plant", since in Africa it used as elephant’s food.
Portulacaria afra has brown stems, from which bicolor leaves are born: they are green on the inside and yellow on the outside.
It normally blooms after spring and summer rains with small pink flowers.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays, especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 10 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water regularly in spring-summer, always making sure that the soil is always dry between one watering and another one. During the winter period, reduce watering to once every two months, avoiding stagnation of water.
- A well-draining soil is an optimal solution, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.