Gasteria 'little warty' 5.5cm
Gasteria batesiana cv. Little Warty - Γαστέρια
Ιδιαίτερο και πολύ όμορφο παχύφυτο μικρού μεγέθους με σκληρά τύπου, δερμάτινα φύλλα και βελούδινη υφή.
Κατάλληλο για εσωτερικούς χώρους και για εξωτερικούς χώρους σε περιοχές με ήπιο Χειμώνα.
Χρειάζεται λίγο πότισμα και ελάχιστη φροντίδα.
A beautiful cultivar, that was created by David Cumming in Australia by hybridizing two species: G. batesiana and G. 'Old Man Silver'.
It is a succulent plant with rough and rigid lanceolate leaves of an almost bright green color, covered with irregular streaks and lighter dots.
Like most Gasterias, G. cv. Little Warty also consists of two opposite leaves, that are more or less compact, and which over time tends to cluster at the base, forming new seedlings.
With the prolonged exposure to the direct sun it may take on brown colors, which is why it is a perfect plant to decorate your homes and offices.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to place it in sheltered and ventilated places during winter.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, so to avoid rotting, for example a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.