Echinofossulocactus multicostatus 6.5cm
Cyber Week Sales -25%
Echinofossulocactus multicostatus (Hildm. ex K.Schum.) Britton & Rose
It is a globular, light green, tending to olive green, cactus with a concave apex that has a solitary habit, which can occasionally be clustered at the base. It takes the name 'multicostatus', due to the large number of slender, well furrowed and very wavy ribs, equipped with white downy areoles.
The radial spines are thin, of an almost translucent white color, while the central ones are larger, longer, rigid, of a reddish-white color, which tend to grow upwards. Flowering occurs in spring-summer at the apex of the plant, generating small, funnel-shaped flowers of a pale pink color with purple central streaks.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- A medium porous substrate, consisting of soil mixed with sand, which makes it well draining. is an optimal solution.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.