Trichocereus camarguensis 5.5cm
Its name in Greek literally means "hairy candle", making reference to its columnar bearing and downy areoles.
They are plants highly searched by cactus lovers. Its striking are not the flowers, nor the bright colors, nor the extravagances, but the linearity, the strength and the beauty contained in the variety of forms that each kind can assume.
Its sobriety is not the only advantage, in fact the Trichocereus, in addition to being very resistant to environmental and climatic changes, are able to absorb electromagnetic waves, helping to purify the air that surrounds us and therefore to safeguard our health; so, why give up the desert charm that these “protectors of our health” can give to our gardens?
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 6 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately, only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, once a month in autumn and to suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best option is a soil suitable for cacti, even better if further mixed with pumice or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.