Sulcorebutia 'sunrise' 6.5cm
Very popular for its particular white flowers with pink shadings that bloom en masse in the middle of the tubercle, covering the whole body of the plant.
Easy to recognize for its smaller size compared to other Sulcorebutias, and for the white spines that cover it completely.
- It requires an exposure to full sun, however in the hottest hours it is advisable to place it in shade.
- It requires mild temperatures, it is advisable to shelter it when winter temperatures drop below 0°C.
- In hot periods it is advisable to water moderately, on a weekly basis, in winter it is necessary to completely suspend watering, as long as the plant is very sensitive to rotting.
- A well-draining and mineral-rich soil is an optimal solution. It's even better to add one layer of sand at the bottom of the pot, as it helps to avoid rotting.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.