Sulcorebutia arenacea 5.5cm
Sulcorebutia arenacea (Cárdenas) F.Ritter.
Συνώνυμα: Rebutia arenacea Cárdenas, Weingartia arenacea
It’s a globular, bright green cactus with multiple defined ribs.
It has white spines at the base, which gradually turn yellow-brown as they go towards the apex. In the hottest periods, the upper part of the plant is surrounded by a corolla of small white or pink flowers.
It is a very popular plant for its geometrically accurate shape.
- It requires an exposure to full sun, however in the hottest hours it is advisable to place it in shade
- It requires mild temperatures, it is advisable to shelter it when winter temperatures drop below 0°C.
- In hot periods it is advisable to water moderately, on a weekly basis, in winter it is necessary to completely suspend watering, as long as the plant is very sensitive to rotting.
- A well-draining and mineral-rich soil is an optimal solution. It's even better to add one layer of sand at the bottom of the pot, as it helps to avoid rotting.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.