Sempervivum 'Mystic' 6.5cm
Weekend Sales -20% στο καλάθι
'Mystic' is a beauty!
This is another great British sempervivum bred by David T. Ford in 1981.
The striking rose-red and green colour combination works a treat in spring. It then changes colour during the summer to a lighter green surrounded by orange.
A variety that really stands out from the crowd, always admired when seen "in the flesh".
- It requires a lot of light during all seasons, however avoiding direct sun rays during the hottest hours of the day, as they could burn the plant.
- They are very resistant to the most extreme temperatures: they grow well in the heat and resist the temperatures even below 0 °C!
- They are rather sensitive to rotting, so it is advisable to water them once a week in summer, gradually reducing watering until complete stop in winter.
- A well draining soil is an optimal solution, for example the one formed by a mixture of peat and sand so that water does not stagnate, since this plant is very sensitive to rotting.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.