Platycerium bifurcatum 12cm
Platycerium bifurcatum rmannii
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:12εκ., Ύψος:25-30εκ.
Platycerium are commonly called Staghorn or Elkhorn Fern due to their weirdly wonderful, unique, antler shaped leaves.
They make fascinating specimen houseplants and look particularly effective as a hanging plant once the fronds get long enough to start trailing.
- Platycerium bifurcatum prefers bright, indirect light. Find the brightest spot you have for the best results - however avoid exposing your plant to direct sunlight as this will scorch the plant.
- Due to the hard shield leaves covering the root ball, it is best to water from below. Dunk in water for 10-15 mins (less in winter) and ensure there is adequate drainage. Allow the soil to begin to dry-out before watering. Don't let it stand in water continually.
- The Common Staghorn Fern thrives in normal household temperatures: between 16-24°C. Try to always keep your plant above 12°C at the very minimum. Avoid cold draughts.
- These ferns prefer higher humidity levels where possible. Mist regularly. Ideal plants for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Liquid fertiliser can be applied occasionally during the growing season.
- The Staghon Fern is a slow-growing plant and typically reaches an ultimate height of around 0.5 to 1 metre.
- The Staghorn Fern is considered non-toxic. Safe around children and animals.