Parodia leninghausii (group) 10.5cm
Parodia leninghausii (K.Schum.) F.H.BrandtTaylor
Συνώνυμα: Notocactus leninghausii, Echinocactus leninghausii
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:10.5εκ., Ύψος:15εκ.
It is a species of cactus highly appreciated, because of its thick and beautiful "crown".
This plant over time tends to branch off and cluster at the base. It has regular and dense ribs, with areoles, covered with multiple soft and golden spines, all well aligned vertically.
Flowering occurs in late spring, producing large and beautiful golden yellow flowers at the top of the plant.
- It likes very bright locations, but it can also stand direct sunlight in the hottest hours of the day.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, however it still survives even at temperatures close to freezing if the soil is dry.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, and suspend watering completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.