Opuntia Subulata 12cm
Opuntia subulata (Muehlenpf.) Engelm.. - Οπούντια
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:12εκ., Ύψος:15εκ.
Also called Austrocylindropuntia subulata.
It is a shrubby plant with a columnar habit. It has a bright green stem with large tubercles, on which small downy white areoles with tiny, almost transparent spines can be seen.
The inflorescence occurs in the summer period, blooming with pale red flowers, which, unlike the other varieties, have the particularity of not opening completely.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 3 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately and only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.