Myrtillocactus cv. Fukurokuryuzinboku 6.5cm
It is also known as "Booby cactus", "Titty Cactus" and "Breast Cactus" due to its protruding tubercles which resemble female breasts.
It is a monstrous form of M. geometrizans that is very rare, which is highly appreciated by cactus collectors all over the world.
This Japanese cultivar with a blue-light columnar habit hardly branches. Every cactus lover should have a M. geometrizans cv. fukurokuryuzinboku in their collection.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 10 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.