Monadenium ellenbeckii 6.5cm
Monadenium ellenbeckii N.E.Br.
It is also known as "Octopus Arms". A perennial succulent plant, that tends to branch off. It has a slow and low growth.
Its light green stems can take on both a creeping and columnar shape. The small green leaves are sparse and are found on the ends of the stems.
Flowering occurs in summer, blooming with yellow-green flowers.
Synonym: Euphorbia bisellenbeckii.
- It needs a lot of light during all seasons, however avoiding the direct rays of the sun especially in the hottest hours of the day, as they risk to cause sunburn on the leaves
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and above all never lower than 8 º C, for this reason it is recommended to place it in sheltered places during the winter.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer and suspend watering completely in autumn and winter.
- It is optimal to have a strongly draining soil, in order to avoid rottenness, for example formed by a mixture of peat and pumice so that water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.