Matucana madisoniorum 8.5cm
Λυπούμαστε, προσωρινά μη διαθέσιμο
Matucana madisoniorum (Hutchison) G.D.Rowley - Ματουκάνα
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:15εκ.
Its name honors Marshall P. Madison.
This plant is the best known of all the Matucanas. It is a globular and solitary cactus, that only over time might branch out and stretch up.
Its particular epidermis takes on various shades from green to gray and bluish.
The number of spines is variable: in some species there are a few of them or there are none at all, in others there are quite many spines on the plant.
Its beautiful bright red flowers bloom at the apex. It is an easy to grow plant.
- It likes very bright places, however, avoid direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day. It prefers environments with low humidity.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 ° C, for this reason it is recommended to place it in sheltered and ventilated places during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once a week in spring and summer, suspend watering completely in autumn and winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.