Mammillaria spinos. cv. Un Pico cristata 10.5cm
Mammillaria spinosissima cv. Un Pico cristata
It is a beautiful cultivar, highly appreciated by succulent lovers, because of its crested shape, that makes each plant unique.
From its green stem white and long spines emerge, which are usually single.
The crested forms of Mammillarias, unlike those of other families, sometimes give us the particularity of flowering along the arch of the crest.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- A well draining soil is an optimal solution, for example a mixture of peat and sand so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.