Mammillaria hahniana 12cm
Mammillaria hahniana Werderm - Μαμιλάρια
Διάμετρος γλάστρας: 12εκ., Ύψος:25εκ.
A cactacea plant with a generally solitary habit, that may cluster over time.
It is also known as “Old lady pincushion”, due to its long, downy spines, that densely cover the plant. Its stem has numerous conical tubercles, surrounded by a dense down.
It blooms profusely in spring, generating many small flowers, arranged in a ring on the upper part of the plant.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.