Mammillaria 'cristata' 8.5cm
Mammillaria elongata f. cristata hort. - Μαμιλάρια
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:10-12εκ.
The crested form of this plant is one of the typical "brain cacti", those species whose crest does not have a fan pattern, but rather a more fragmented and twisted pattern, similar to a brain it looks like a real sculpture!
In its normal form this Mammillaria looks like a cluster cactus consisting of cylindrical stems, where its tubercles are placed in a spiral along the body.
From hairy areolas come out spines in the shape of a yellow-gold star.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.