Kalanchoe tomentosa 8.5cm
Kalanchoe tomentosa Baker - Καλανχόη
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ., Ύψος:15εκ.
Καταγωγή από τη Μαδαγασκάρη, γνωστό και ως 'panda plant', είναι ένα ιδιαίτερο παχύφυτο με φύλλα μαλακά και χνουδωτά, πολύ ανθεκτικό και εύκολο στη συντήρησή του.
Κατάλληλο για εσωτερικούς και για εξωτερικούς χώρους, απαιτεί λίγο πότισμα.
Μέγιστο ύψος: 60-90 εκ.
The name chosen by the French botanist Adanson.
Kalanchoe is a very interesting plant, which, with its fleshy, shiny and rich in water leaves, can perfectly live in the dry climates of the apartments, embellishing your environments, thanks to its foliage with margins, often shaped or crested, with nuanced and particular tones, but also thanks to the lively, surprisingly long-lasting inflorescences, which will color your houses in winter periods.
Coming from vast geographical areas, the many species have extremely varied characteristics, ranging from very small plants, almost miniaturized, to succulents, that can reach six meters in height!
This succulent plant, as beautiful as useful, has a truly multifunctional character: it is used daily in African and Asian popular medicine as an ointment to heal wounds and burns, but also to treat ulcers, infections, hypertension and even to alleviate mental illnesses.
In our continent, on the other hand, it is widely used in the preparation of creams and cosmetics, that tone up the skin!
Kalanchoe tomentosa is a beautiful succulent plant, also called "antistress plant" for its soft and cuddly appearance.
The stem and the leaves are completely covered with a silvery-white down, and from this characteristic derives the name 'tomentosa' which means "covered with a down".
The leaves are fleshy and lanceolate with darker edges, that fade from brown to black.
An easy-to-grow anti-stress plant, and therefore it is perfect as a decoration for houses and offices
- It likes very bright places, however, avoid direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately in spring and summer but only when the soil is completely dry and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.