Kalanchoe cv. 'pink butterflies' 6.5cm
Λυπούμαστε, προσωρινά μη διαθέσιμο
Kalanchoe daigremontiana cv. 'pink butterflies'
It is a beautiful erect succulent that can grow up to 1 m in height. It produces long fleshy stems, on which triangular leaves up to 20 cm long grow, that are of a light green color, sometimes with purple shades on the upper part, and of a greyish-green color with purple spots and streaks on the lower part.
The edges of the foliage are strongly indented; between the teeth over time small propagules are born, which, when fall down on the ground, give life to new plants, which is why this species is often called the "mother of millions".
At the end of winter, its very attractive bell-shaped, coral-red flowers bloom. The Kalanchoe daigremontiana tolerates long periods of drought and does not require any special care.
- It likes very bright places, however, avoid direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately in spring and summer but only when the soil is completely dry and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.