Kalanchoe marmorata 8cm
Kalanchoe marmorata Baker - Καλανχόη
Kalanchoe marmorata features large, flat, fleshy blue-green leaves with purple spots and muted bronze margins.
This Central to West African native makes a dramatic, upright accent in a succulent arrangement or container.
May display an explosion of white, star-shaped flowers in spring.
Provide a well-drained soil away from reflected heat. Requires little water once established.
Ideal in warm climate landscapes and container gardens, but is especially happy sitting on your windowsill as a houseplant.
- It likes very bright places, however, avoid direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately in spring and summer but only when the soil is completely dry and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.