Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi 6.5cm
This plant owes its name to the Russian botanist Boris Alexeevich Fedtschenko.
It is an extremely particular succulent, which does not exceed 50 cm in height.
The specimen is actually composed of couples of opposite leaves of a rounded shape with delicately wavy edges and a waxy skin. The foliage has extremely varied colors, ranging from the bluish green of the surface to the reddish-brown of the margins.
The extraordinary combination of colors contrasts nicely with bell-shaped inflorescences with very bright colors between pink and orange.
- It likes very bright places, however, avoid direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately in spring and summer but only when the soil is completely dry and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.