Huernia schneideriana 8.5cm
Huernia pendula E.A.Bruce
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5cm., Ύψος:15εκ.
Also known as "red dragon flower", it is a perennial succulent plant, much loved by succulent lovers.
It has erect, heavily toothed green stems, that can change the color, depending on light or dry cold conditions.
Flowering occurs in autumn, blooming with bell-shaped flowers of an intense red color, with the petals, completely covered with small protuberances.
- It requires an exposure to full sun. However, it can be placed in a partially shaded area only if it still receives a lot of light throughout the year.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately in spring and autumn but only when the soil is completely dry, reduce watering to once every two months in summer and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well-draining one, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.