Gymnocalycium saglionis 6.5cm
Gymnocalycium saglionis (F.Cels) Britton & Rose
A solitary cactus of a globular and slightly cylindrical shape, which over time tends to cluster at the base.
It has a beautiful bright green stem and tubercles with stiff and curved yellowish-brown spines. From late spring to summer, it blooms with numerous pinkish-white funnel-shaped flowers, that crown the top of the plant (even several times a year).
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mix of peat and pumice so that water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.