Gymnocalycium mesopotamicum 6.5cm
This small cactacea has a globular body with a slightly depressed apex, dark green in color and with slightly accentuated tubercles.
The spines that emerge from the whitish areoles have a radial arrangement and are brown and bristly, while the central spine is absent.
In summer it produces magnificent white flowers and in mature age it tends to give life to numerous clusters.
Not requiring special attention, it is a plant that can be used by everyone, more or less experienced, to give life to a minimal and refined decor.ink.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.