Gymnocalycium denudatum 6.5cm
Cyber Week Sales -25%
Gymnocalycium denudatum (Link & Otto) Pfeiff. ex Mittler
Globose cactus, slightly flattened at the apex, which does grow over 15 cm in diameter. It immediately cathes the eye for its beautiful deep shiny green body, with rounded but not very marked ribs.
The thorns are sparse and whitish, rather thin and curved towards the stem as if to wrap it in a way similar to the legs of a spider, a characteristic that has given it the common name of "spider cactus".
Between spring and summer you will be amazed when large flowers will blossom at the apex, extremely delicate and elegant, with colours between white and pink.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mixture of peat and pumice so that the water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.