Gasteria 'Sakura Fuji' 6.5cm
Gasteria 'Sakura Fuji'
Wonderful succulent not present in nature, but obtained in a Japanese nursery from the crossing of different species of Gasteria, which give life to an exceptionally original hybrid characterized by fan arrangement, in which the long and thick tongue-shaped leaves grow up to even 15 cm long.
The foliage takes on an almost marbled appearance thanks to its extremely iridescent tones, which from light green tend to cream or pinkish notes depending on sun exposure.
An undulating, almost monstrous, pattern of the tips of the foliage contributes to its uniqueness, giving Gasteria a decidedly dynamic charm.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately and only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best soil is a well draining one, for example formed by a mix of peat and pumice so that water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.