Ferocactus histrix 6.5cm
Spring Sales -15% στο καλάθι
Ferocactus histrix (DC.) G.E.Linds. - Φερόκακτος
It is a slow-growing cactus with a solitary habit. Its bluish-green stem, initially globular, can develop into a columnar shape, reaching a height of one meter.
It has numerous ribs, and with age it can develop over forty. From the areoles, that frame the ribs, long and sturdy spines grow, which are of a brownish-red color, tending to yellow towards the tips.
It blooms in summer, generating bright yellow funnel-shaped flowers.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sun rays, especially during the hottest hours of the day, as long as they might burn the leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 6 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The best one is a very well-draining soil specific for cacti.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.