Euphorbia globosa 8.5cm
Euphorbia globosa (Haw.) Sims - Ευφόρβια
Συνώνυμα: Dactylanthes globosa, Medusea globosa
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:8.5εκ, Ύψος:10-12εκ.
A small caudiciform succulent plant with low growth. It takes its name 'globosa' from the globular shape of its stems, which are green, segmented with small tubercles, punctuated by the scars left by the fallen leaves.
The inflorescences are generated at the apex of each long and thin stem, blooming with small starry flowers of a greenish-yellow color.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 8 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce watering to once every two months in autumn, and to suspend it completely in winter.
- The perfect soil is a highly draining and porous one, for example a mixture of peat and pumice so that it does not stagnate the water.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.