Echinocereus pulchellus 6.5cm
It is a small cactus, which does not exceed 4 cm in diameter, and maintains a globular shape, tending to cluster with growth.
The spherical stem of an opaque green color, is furrowed by light ribs, from which evident white spines emerge. The spines are very short, arranged in an exactly symmetrical way.
It is a rather slow-growing plant, which, due to its size, is perfect for growing in pots.
When bloom, they will amaze you with its inflorescences, which are so large, that they often cover the entire stem; generally the flowers are of a nice pink color.
- It likes an exposure to full sun in rather airy locations.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 4 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water the plant once every two weeks in spring and summer, once every two months in autumn and suspend it completely in winter.
- A medium porous substrate, consisting of soil mixed with sand, which makes it well draining. is an optimal solution.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.